Friday, December 13, 2013

Speaking Service

I was grateful for this chance that I had to do my speaking service. For this assignment I forced myself to go out of my way and talk to people that I have never met before. Often in the crossroads in the MC I would find some people sitting alone and ask strike up a conversation with them. My main goal was usually to ask people about how they came to be there and a little about their testimonies. I heard many touching stories from people as they talked about powerful spiritual experiences. I learned a lot about the foresight and architecture of our God. There are often so many moving pieces and without knowing the full story it would seem like most people are here by complete chance. But after hearing it all it is easy to see the Lord’s hands in their life. I learned a lot about talking to people and about asking questions to help people be more willing to open up.

1 comment:

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

I am impressed because this could have been a very difficult service. I am kind of jealous of what you learned. Thanks for Sharing.

Haake